If you're looking to experience all that you've heard about Louisiana and the swamp, then Trek 1 is for you! A 61.6-mile high adventure canoe trek through the western side of the Atchafalaya Swamp, Trek 1's program takes place over 6-days and 6-nights. The trek includes challenging tests of endurance with specific lessons about the environments, cultures, food, and communities of the Atchafalaya and South Louisiana.
- Two crews start daily!
- Paddle an average of 15.4 miles a day.
- Join your crew’s fully trained Trek Guide for the entirety of the journey.
- Introduce yourself to Louisiana’s unique cultures at the Vermilionville Folklife Park.
- Come to understand the importance of our nation’s largest wetland ecosystem while staying on board the Swamp Base houseboats.
- Face the elements, and test your willingness to survive a night in the swamp at primitive Rougarou Island.
- Experience how local communities have lived on the water at Island Outpost by fishing, paddling, and recreating like the Cajuns, Creoles, and Natives of South Louisiana.
- Fly through the swamp on an airboat!